It’s engagement season! Most proposals happen between Christmas Eve and Valentine’s Day. My hubby himself proposed on Christmas Eve in 2007 – more on that story to come! 🙂
It’s easy for a girl’s head to spin in a million different directions after he asks that all important question, but slow down! There’s time to get everything done. Enjoy the process – you’ll only do this once! Here are a few suggestions to stay sane and keep wedding planning pleasurable.
1. Take a deep breath. Be sure to keep the reason for all the planning and stress in the forefront. You’re getting ready to marry your best friend! Remembering WHY is key. Don’t allow yourself to let out any undue anger or frustration on your groom to be.
2. Get a binder + tabs with folders. Staying organized is key to making wedding planning enjoyable! Brainstorm some ideas. A questionnaire like this may be helpful to get some initial concepts on paper.
3. Prioritize! What vendor is most important to you? Have you dreamed of a lakeside ceremony with a ballroom reception since you were a tiny girl? Better book the venue first! Want a stress free day with someone else taking care of all the little details – maybe even completing ALL of the planning? Start with finding a great coordinator! Swooning over images on a photographer’s Instagram feed? Book the photographer first. There are tons of lists out there with suggestions on vendor booking order, but it all comes down to priorities. Start with who you feel you just can’t live without on your wedding day, and then go from there.
4. If you don’t have a super significant date in mind or a really great reason for a specific date, be flexible! Approach your most important vendor with a few dates – there’s no need to create stress over a vendor being unavailable if you do not really need that day. If you want a fall wedding in the Shenandoah Valley, your best bet is to plan for more than a year or two away as peak autumn dates book quickly and far in advance.
5. Hold off on your engagement photos until you find your wedding photographer. Many photographers will include this in their wedding package, but remember to leave ample time if you want to send Save the Date cards with images.
Need help finding reputable vendors for your Shenandoah Valley wedding? I’m happy to help! Let’s chat about your wedding plans soon!
I love to hear from you! Comment below.
Virginia Wedding Photographer | Harrisonburg Wedding Photographer | Charlottesville Wedding Photographer | Staunton Wedding Photographer | Luray Wedding Photographer | Waynesboro Wedding Photographer